burnverbuk /bɜːn/ us /bɝːn/ (burnt or burned, burnt or burned)
burn verb (DAMAGE)
- She ripped up his letters and burned the pieces.
- We carted all the rubbish to the bottom of the garden and burned it.
- A fierce fire is still raging through the forest, burning everything in its path .
- She had a red mark on her arm where she'd burned herself.
- If the animals have died from a notifiable disease, their bodies must be burned.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
burn verb (PRODUCE FLAMES)
burn verb (FEEL HOT)
burn verb (WANT)
burn verb (COPY)