burningadjectiveuk /ˈbɜː.nɪŋ/ us /ˈbɝː-/
burning adjective (ON FIRE)
- On the eastern horizon, a huge cloud of smoke from burning oil tanks stretched across the sky.
- the crackle of burning logs
- Crowds marched through the streets carrying burning effigies of the president.
- Pictures of the bombed and burning city inflamed feelings/passions further.
- My jumper started to singe when I leaned over a burning candle.
burning adjective (HOT)
burning adjective (STRONG)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: