busnoun [ C ]uk /bʌs/ us /bʌs/ plural buses or US also busses
bus noun [ C ] (VEHICLE)
- Please excuse me for arriving late - the bus was delayed.
- If we sit near the front of the bus, we'll have a better view.
- Hurry, now, or you'll miss the bus!
- He left me stranded in town with no car and no money for a bus.
- The buses run less frequently on Sundays.
bus noun [ C ] (COMPUTER)
busverb [ T ]uk /bʌs/ us /bʌs/ -ss- or US usually -s-
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: