business cardnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɪz.nɪs ˌkɑːd/ us /ˈbɪz.nɪs ˌkɑːrd/ also card
Examples from literature
- A business card should never be used for a friendly call.
- Come round to my warehouse—here is my business card—tomorrow morning, said the merchant.
- He had not only signed his name and given his address carefully in hopes of a reply, but he had enclosed the business card of his firm as a token of his responsibility.
- I gave him my business card, and said I wanted to see the colonel.
- The short man drew from his card case a business card.