businessnounuk us /ˈbɪz.nɪs/
business noun (SELLING)
- Many things make it difficult for women to reach the top in US business.
- The way to be successful in business is always to stay one jump ahead of your competitors.
- What can European companies learn from Japanese business practices?
- She runs her own printing business.
- They put a lot of money into the family business.
business noun (COMPANY)
business noun (WORK)
business noun (MATTER)
business noun (THINGS YOU DO)
- In spite of last night's terrorist attack, most people seem to be going about their business as if nothing had happened.
- "Where have you been?" "Mind your own business!"
- I was just motoring along, minding my own business, when suddenly I was stopped by the police.
- How you choose to conduct your private life is your own business!
- He's an interfering old busybody - who I go out with is none of his business!