buttocknoun [ C usually plural ]uk /ˈbʌt.ək/ us /ˈbʌt̬.ək/
Examples from literature
- A man who was shot through the buttocks, or wounded in the back, was laughed at and disgraced.
- His body is excessively smooth and white, the hips and buttocks rounded.
- I had to punish these lads and my friend recommended spanking with the hand on the bare buttocks.
- Needling or acupuncture consists in piercing the nerve at intervals in the buttock and thigh with long steel needles.
- The patient complains of persistent aching and stiffness over the buttock, and sometimes extending down the lateral aspect of the thigh.