byrenoun [ C ]uk /ˈbaɪ.ər/ us /ˈbaɪ.ɚ/ UK old-fashioned
Examples from literature
- Fumigating the byres with juniper was a method adopted to ward off disease.
- It seriously annoyed the Captain at intervals when he came upon his daughter directing operations in barnyard or byre.
- Like the house the byre too had been ruined, gutted with flame.
- Now the dairy was divided into two parts, the sleeping-room and the byre.
- The poultry was shut up, the cattle were all in the byres, there was scarcely a sound of animal life.