cabinetmakernoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæb.ɪ.nətˌmeɪ.kər/ us /ˈkæb.ən.ətˌmeɪ.kɚ/
Examples from literature
- By this you are to understand that we are having the oak trimming stained very dark so as to match the permanent book-cases which the cabinetmaker has constructed for us, and which will be set up this week.
- He is a cabinetmaker by trade and said to be an excellent tradesman.
- He was a cabinetmaker, and, being a skillful workman, earned very good wages, so that he was able to maintain his family in comfort.
- Some of the furniture is original, and some was made for us by local cabinetmakers out of native hardwood.
- This old cherry, corner cupboard was made for my grandmother by her father, a cabinetmaker, as a wedding gift, and was given me by my mother.