cable noun (WIRE)
a length of cable
- This cable attaches the printer to the computer.
- I tripped over a cable.
- a length of cable
- overhead power cables
- Underground cables carry electricity to all parts of the city.
cable noun (SYSTEM)
The office has gone over to cable.
- Now that we have cable, we get a much better picture.
- Nearly one home in ten across the country is wired up to receive TV via cable.
- a cable channel
- He works for a cable television company.
- They broadcast on cable.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: