cafeterianoun [ C ]uk /ˌkæf.əˈtɪə.ri.ə/ us /ˌkæf.əˈtɪr.i.ə/
Examples from literature
- They built a kitchen, a cafeteria, and toilets.
- By this time, somebody was bringing in a coffee urn from the cafeteria.
- She got her lunch at a cafeteria and there was a rest room.
- Then call the cafeteria and have them send up three dinners.
- There were tea-rooms, cafeterias, Hungarian cafés, chop suey restaurants.
- You're bonkers, Alan said, using the word that the lunch lady back at school had used when chastising them for tearing around the cafeteria.