calendar yearnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæl.ən.də ˌjɪər/ us /ˈkæl.ən.dɚ ˌjɪr/
Examples from literature
- During peace the Secretary of War can order any Reserve Officer to duty for instruction for a period not to exceed fifteen days in any one calendar year.
- In special and meritorious cases where to limit the annual leave to fourteen days in any one calendar year would work peculiar hardship, it may, in the discretion of the of the department, be extended.
- It saves much trouble when dealing with an agency to have subscriptions coincide with the calendar year, disregarding the volume arrangements of the publishers.
- We shall consider them in the order in which they occur in the calendar year.
- While January is the first month of the calendar year, it happens to be the fourth month of the A.M.A.'s fiscal year.