› past simple of come
Examples from literature
- All came near being lost....
- Prissy came close over to Leslie with her book in her hand.
- The lady whom Richard was to marry came to meet him in Sicily.
- This came near being too much for me though I slowly recovered and in three months the doctors thought I was able to come home.
- We need not conclude that all the myths we are about to examine came from a single original source, or were handed about—with flint arrow-heads, seeds, shells, beads, and weapons—in the course of savage commerce.