Camembertnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈkæm.əm.beər/ us /ˈkæm.əm.ber/
Examples from literature
- As-with Brie and with oysters, Camembert should be eaten only in the "R" months, and of these September is the best.
- Besides naming this Berry cheese, Tour Eiffel serves as a picturesque label and trademark for a brand of Camembert.
- Camembert is equally good on thin slices of apple, pineapple, pear, French "flute" or pumpernickel.
- It has the advantage over Camembert, made in the same region, in that it may be manufactured during the summer months when skim milk is plentiful and cheap.
- Such a delicate dessert is a favorite with the ladies, since some of them find a prime Camembert a bit too strong if taken straight.