campfirenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæmp.faɪər/ us /ˈkæmp.faɪr/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- They’re cooking dinner over a campfire.
- Campers, tourists, hunters, and fishermen are responsible for many forest fires by neglecting to extinguish their campfires.
- Once again they were seated around the campfire.
- The boys found a locality that pleased them, and there erected the tent and started a campfire.
- The first two nights they had taken turns at staying on guard and tending the campfire.
- We slept with our heels to the campfire, and our heads on our saddles.