campingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈkæm.pɪŋ/ us /ˈkæm.pɪŋ/
We used to go camping in Spain when I was a child.
- We took a calor gas stove for cooking on when we went camping.
- It's a good job they didn't go camping last weekend - the weather was awful.
- We were weighed down with all our camping equipment - sleeping bags, gas cookers and pans.
- I'm not keen on camping - I'd rather stay in a bed-and-breakfast where you are warm and dry.
- The shop in town sells everything you need for camping, and has tents for hire at £10 a week.