canyonnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæn.jən/ us /ˈkæn.jən/
Examples from literature
- Concentrating on the task at hand, he moved slowly but confidently down the canyon, only to find a large boulder blocking his path.
- He was lying on the floor of the canyon, on his side.
- He worked his way slowly down the canyon, pushing himself carefully between the narrow walls in search of handholds and supports.
- Night had fallen and the canyon was turning cold.
- On April 26, 2003, after spending the night in his truck, he cycled south to the canyon entrance.
- The space between the canyon walls measured no more than a meter across.
- And one night their herd stampeded and was checked only in time to save it from going over the canyon's edge.
- Behind her the narrow and broken trail led to the top of the canyon wall.
- He resumed his climb, and fifteen minutes later the curly-haired cadet stood on the canyon rim.
- I went on down to the gully that ran down the middle of the canyon.
- Jack and Fred looked up and across the canyon at the same instant.