canyonnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæn.jən/ us /ˈkæn.jən/
Examples from literature
- Concentrating on the task at hand, he moved slowly but confidently down the canyon, only to find a large boulder blocking his path.
- He was lying on the floor of the canyon, on his side.
- He worked his way slowly down the canyon, pushing himself carefully between the narrow walls in search of handholds and supports.
- Night had fallen and the canyon was turning cold.
- On April 26, 2003, after spending the night in his truck, he cycled south to the canyon entrance.
- The space between the canyon walls measured no more than a meter across.