captureverb [T]uk /ˈkæp.tʃər/ us /ˈkæp.tʃɚ/
capture verb [T] (CATCH)
- Several attempts were made to capture the animal.
- One suspect has already been captured.
- Eleven rebel fighters were killed and two trucks were captured.
- He was captured by enemy forces and sent to a prison camp for the rest of the war.
- Three of the gang's members were captured and sent to prison.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
capture verb [T] (RECORD)
capture verb [T] (INTEREST)