carbolic acidnoun [ U ]uk /kɑːˌbɒl.ɪk ˈæs.ɪd/ us /kɑːrˌbɑː.lɪk ˈæs.ɪd/
Examples from literature
- A weak solution of carbolic acid will heal soft corns between the toes.
- Have this washed over about once a week with a strong solution of carbolic acid and water.
- He had to sterilize with alcohol and carbolic acid, and hope.
- One teaspoonful of carbolic acid and one pint of rose-water mixed is an excellent remedy for pimples.
- When inflamed, it may be impossible to dissect out the cyst, and the wall should be destroyed with carbolic acid, the resulting wound being treated by the open method.