cardnounuk /kɑːd/ us /kɑːrd/
card noun (PERMISSION)
- This credit card allows you to withdraw up to £200 a day from cash dispensers.
- Unfortunately, I didn't have my credit card with me or I'd certainly have bought it.
- Put your plastic card in the slot, and the machine will read it and identify who you are.
- Entry to the club is only permitted on production of a membership card.
- The introduction of identity cards has been opposed by the campaign for civil liberties.
card noun (GAME)
card noun (GREETINGS)
card noun (INFORMATION)
card noun (COMPUTER)
card noun (PERSON)