carenounuk /keər/ us /ker/
care noun (PROTECTION)
care noun (ATTENTION)
- attention span
- be good, and if you can't be good, be careful idiom
- be on (your) guard idiom
- handle/treat sb with kid gloves idiom
- hang on/upon sth
- have a care idiom
- have/keep your ear to the ground idiom
- take note of sth idiom
- the/a glare of sth idiom
- tread carefully/gently/lightly idiom
- walk on eggs/eggshells idiom
care noun (DEAL WITH)
care noun (WORRY)
careverb [I]uk /keər/ us /ker/
care verb [I] (WORRY)
- "I don't care - you choose, " he said, with an airy wave of the hand.
- "I don't care what you think", she flung (back) at him.
- You could be the Queen of England, for all I care - you're not coming in here without a ticket.
- I don't care about fashion, I dress how I please.
- I don't care if he likes it or not - I'm coming!
care verb [I] (WANT)