cart tracknoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɑːt ˌtræk/ us /ˈkɑːrt ˌtræk/ UK
Examples from literature
- Another time he failed to follow the turn of the road and found himself in a rough cart track.
- At last the long river was passed, and there on the opposite shore lay the cart track to Fort Pitt.
- The farmhouse stands about a hundred yards away from the main road, with a cart track, slushy and muddy running across the fields to the very door.
- There was no visible cart track to the lakes.
- Val braced himself against the back of the roadster's seat and struggled to hold the car to a road which was hardly more than a cart track.