cartoonistnoun [ C ]uk /kɑːˈtuː.nɪst/ us /kɑːrˈtuː.nɪst/
Examples from literature
- And this leaves out of account altogether the artist's work as a cartoonist, where he often exceeded the duty of the historian, and not only recorded the course of events but actually influenced it.
- Some experiment with projecting the spoken words into the picture itself, bringing the phrase in glaring white letters near the head of the person who is speaking, in a way similar to the methods of the newspaper cartoonists.
- Some of these drawings remind us that the great cartoonist's message was primarily delivered to his own countrymen.
- The follies of Socialism also afford an abundance of suggestions for dramatists and cartoonists.
- Then, too, I realised that it was going to affect the entire brotherhood of newspaper artists, especially the cartoonists.