cartridge papernoun [ U ]uk /ˈkɑː.trɪdʒ ˌpeɪ.pər/ us /ˈkɑːr.trɪdʒ ˌpeɪ.pɚ/
Examples from literature
- Cartridge paper of various pale tints is best, as one can choose the ground that will best set off the colors of the feathers.
- He retired to the laboratory and presently returned with a T-square, a military protractor, a pair of dividers and a large drawing-board on which was pinned a sheet of cartridge paper.
- Her arms were full of big rolls of cartridge paper and tracing paper.
- My curiosity, however, overcame my prudence, and on opening it carefully with my knife, I came to a roll of cartridge paper with the impression fresh upon the seals.
- That is the question which brought me here, the lawyer said, very quietly, at the same time producing a small roll of parchment sealed in cartridge paper.