cashmerenoun [ U ]uk /ˈkæʃ.mɪər/ us /ˈkæʃ.mɪr/
Examples from literature
- Goats are important because of their special kind of wool, called cashmere.
- Mongolian cashmere is sold all over the world.
- The money Mongolian herders make each spring from selling the cashmere helps them live for the rest of the year.
- A good cashmere would suit very well for a wedding dress.
- He stepped forward and grasped her arm, trembling under the cashmere shawl.
- Mrs. Murphy smoothed her dark-green cashmere with reverent and caressing hand.
- She wore a long, gray cashmere dress, slightly open at her throat, with ruffles of soft, real lace.
- She wore a magnificent gown of white Indian cashmere trimmed with swan's-down, and cut square at the bosom.