casingnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈkeɪ.sɪŋ/ us /ˈkeɪ.sɪŋ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A sausage burst its casing with an appetizing sizzle and leaped, it seemed of its own accord, into suicidal embers.
- In a couple of minutes, the tire was off the wheel and the inner tube was out of the casing.
- The system ordinarily employed to erect structures in concrete consists of first forming casings of wood, between which the liquid concrete is deposited, and allowed to become hard, or "to set."
- The tornado, like a huge auger, bored into the roof and tore the shingles and rafters away and every window was hurled from its casing.
- While there, amidships, a sea swept up under the paddle-wheel casing.