casualtynounuk /ˈkæʒ.ju.əl.ti/ us /ˈkæʒ.ju.əl.ti/
casualty noun (INJURED)
- The number of casualties in both wars was appallingly high.
- Hospitals are on standby ready to deal with casualties being flown in from the crash site.
- They were warned to expect a heavy air attack and therefore many casualties.
- George was a casualty in that nasty motorway pile-up last year.
- So far, only one casualty has been rescued from the scene of the explosion.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
casualty noun (BADLY AFFECTED)
- almost/nearly die of sth idiom
- be a martyr to sth idiom
- be a victim of your own success idiom
- be devoured by sth idiom
- get the short end of the stick idiom
- get/have your fingers burned idiom
- go through sth
- ups and downs