catch (sb) up
— phrasal verb with catch uk /kætʃ/ us /kætʃ/ verb caught, caught
- He's lagging behind a bit - I think we'd better wait for him to catch us up.
- The leader is about 50 yards ahead and I'd be amazed if the others can catch her up.
- There is still plenty of time in this race for our athlete to catch up.
- She only started walking a few minutes ago - you can easily catch her up.
- The others ran down the platform and then waited impatiently for me to catch them up, with all the luggage.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words