catechismnoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ˈkæt.ə.kɪ.zəm/ us /ˈkæt̬.ə.kɪ.zəm/
Examples from literature
- All the productions of these two centuries, with a few exceptions, are confined to theology, and are mostly sermons, catechisms, devotional exercises, or religious hymns.
- Did you say your Golden Text and catechism?
- Hath she ever taught you otherwise than you have learned in your catechism?
- I do not chiefly care for the catechism, nor for the confession of faith, although they are both interesting.
- Scraps of her catechism recurred to her remembrance.