catheternoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæθ.ə.tər/ us /ˈkæθ.ə.t̬ɚ/
Examples from literature
- A catheter was inserted into the bladder, tied in place and left in position for about eight weeks.
- He was in a wheelchair unable to walk, unable to control his legs or arms very well, was unable to control his bladder and required a catheter.
- It is necessary to use the catheter if retention of urine occurs.
- On the fourth day she passed urine spontaneously, and the catheter was never again used.
- The doctor had much difficulty in inserting the smallest catheter, and it caused intense pain and suffering.