cathodenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæθ.əʊd/ us /ˈkæθ.oʊd/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- In this way the necessary electrical resistance can very conveniently be inserted between the anode and cathode surfaces.
- It gave very little gas at either electrode: that at the anode was oxygen, that at the cathode pure hydrogen.
- The anodes and cathodes in each vessel are connected up in parallel similar to an ordinary storage battery, but the five electrolytic vessels are connected up in series.
- The installation consists of five large electrolytic vessels, each of which is fitted up with five anodes and six cathodes arranged alternately.
- The two faces of the cathode seem to emit rays which are deviated in a direction perpendicular to the lines of force by an electric field, and do not seem to be electrified.