causenounuk /kɔːz/ us /kɑːz/
cause noun (REASON)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
cause noun (PRINCIPLE)
- Her study has considerably advanced the cause of equal rights.
- Environment protesters have made common cause with local people to stop the motorway being built.
- He has always shown great dedication to the cause.
- Vegetarianism is one cause she does not espouse.
- He has probably done more to further the cause of interracial harmony than any other person.