a cautious approach
- The prime minister was extremely cautious, saying nothing inflammatory and giving no hostages to fortune.
- Judging from your exam results, I think you have cause for cautious optimism about getting a university place.
- Their supporters gave the decision a cautious welcome.
- He is too cautious to be a great leader.
- I think you should be cautious about trying to change their views.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /ˈkɔː.ʃəs.li/ us /ˈkɑː.ʃəs.li/
› in a cautious way
noun [ U ] uk /ˈkɔː.ʃəs.nəs/ us /ˈkɑː.ʃəs.nəs/