cell phonenoun [ C ]uk /ˈsel fəʊn/ us /ˈsel foʊn/ mainly US also cellular phone, UK usually mobile phone
Examples from literature
- Do you have a cell phone?
- How many of your friends have a cell phone or a laptop?
- In today’s world, there are many new phobias like nomophobia, the fear of not being in contact with others by cell phone!
- Since there are a limited number of characters on a cell phone, chapters are very short and the action of the story moves fast.
- We use gold in computers and cell phones.
- You need to leave your computer at home and your cell phone off for this vacation in Thailand.
- You’re on vacation in another country, and your cell phone doesn’t work.