centenariannoun [ C ]uk /ˌsen.təˈneə.ri.ən/ us /ˌsen.t̬əˈner.i.ən/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- By avoiding murderous food, we may hope to become centenarians.
- His prayer was that he might live to be a centenarian.
- His predecessor, almost a centenarian in years, had been laid to rest a few months before.
- Right after him another centenarian said he had lived over a hundred years, and he ascribed it to the fact that for the last fifty years he had hardly seen a sober moment.
- The only safe principle is to maintain, as long as possible, the life of all—the centenarian or the embryo conceived since the sun set.