certificatenoun [ C ]uk /səˈtɪf.ɪ.kət/ us /sɚˈtɪf.ə.kət/
a doctor's/medical certificate
She has a Certificate in Drama Education.
- The certificate had clearly been falsified.
- I've been hunting high and low for that certificate and I still can't find it!
- The preparatory certificate is the minimum qualification required to teach English in most language schools.
- Sue failed her exam, so just to rub her nose in it, I put my certificate up on the wall.
- The lawyer stamped the certificate with her seal.