cetaceannoun [ C ]uk /sɪˈteɪ.ʃən/ us /sɪˈteɪ.ʃən/ specialized
adjective uk us
Examples from literature
- But tell me, isn't that the noise cetaceans make when they spurt water from their blowholes?
- If it was a cetacean, it exceeded in bulk any whale previously classified by science.
- Old legends even claim that these cetaceans led fishermen to within a mere seven leagues of the North Pole.
- The cetacean had rammed our frigate at about eleven o'clock in the evening.
- The enormous head of this cetacean occupies about a third of its body.