chairmannoun [ C ]plural -men /-mən/ also chair, chairperson uk /ˈtʃeə.mən/ us /ˈtʃer.mən/
- Sidney ruthlessly clawed his way up from the position of junior clerk to chairman of the company .
- In his closing remarks, the chairman thanked everyone who had helped.
- "Let's draw this meeting to a close, gentlemen, " said the chairman.
- I interviewed the chairman of the company in his seventh-floor eyrie.
- The chairman said that he would now take questions from the floor .
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words