chaletnoun [ C ]uk /ˈʃæl.eɪ/ us /ˈʃæl.eɪ/
Examples from literature
- He preferred Switzerland on account of its chalets and its lakes.
- Her shop was decorated in imitation of a rustic chalet.
- How tiny everything looked below—hotel, trees, village, chalets—little toy things!
- I stopped short before one of these chalets, it was so pretty: a small white house with brown trimmings, overrun with rambler roses up to the top.
- They went away directly after lunch, her father told her, to the chalet on the mountain back of the town.