chamber musicnoun [ U ]uk /ˈtʃeɪm.bə ˌmjuː.zɪk/ us /ˈtʃeɪm.bɚ ˌmjuː.zɪk/
Examples from literature
- About the same time he offered to take the violin at a performance of some chamber music.
- But he wrote two pieces of chamber music which have never been excelled—a 'cello sonata and a trio.
- He also wrote about ten symphonies or symphonic poems, and a great variety of chamber music.
- It is her chamber music, however, that is responsible for her greatest triumphs.
- They are chamber music, and never were intended to be played in a large room.