chambermaidnoun [ C ]uk /ˈtʃeɪm.bə.meɪd/ us /ˈtʃeɪm.bɚ.meɪd/
Examples from literature
- No one but the waiter and the chambermaid who comes in to clean the apartment, ever comes that way.
- The chambermaid closed the door.
- The cockney chambermaid came with her jug of hot water and wished me "a merry Christmas."
- The early morning cup of tea, brought at eight by a dainty chambermaid in cap and starched blue dress, supplied the need quite nicely.
- The matter was not put to the test—perhaps fortunately—for at that moment there was a sharp tap at the door, which opened to admit a chambermaid who seemed the last word in frills and smartness.