chandeliernoun [ C ]uk /ˌʃæn.dəˈlɪər/ us /ˌʃæn.dəˈlɪr/
Examples from literature
- Here I found spacious rooms lighted by superb chandeliers which were again reflected in mirrors that extended from floor to ceiling.
- The shades were drawn, and the electric bulbs of a gorgeous chandelier imparted a certain splendour to the room.
- Then he reached a button and turned on the full light of the chandelier.
- Three chandeliers of glittering crystal starred with electric lights depended from the ceiling.
- Upstairs in the foyer three glass chandeliers burned with a brilliant light.