chapternoun [ C ]uk /ˈtʃæp.tər/ us /ˈtʃæp.tɚ/
chapter noun [ C ] (BOOK)
- The main characters are clearly delineated in the first chapter of the book.
- This chapter is so difficult to digest, I shall have to read it again later.
- The book has exercises at the end of every chapter.
- The first chapter describes the strange sequence of events that lead to his death.
- After you've finished each chapter, run the spell-checker.
chapter noun [ C ] (PERIOD)
chapter noun [ C ] (SOCIETY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words