characternounuk /ˈkær.ɪk.tər/ us /ˈker.ɪk.tɚ/
character noun (QUALITY)
- The area where I grew up has been all modernized and has lost all its old character.
- It's very tasteful, their house, but I can't help thinking it lacks a little character.
- Closing the factory would irrevocably alter the character of the local community for the worse.
- There's a marked contrast between his character and hers.
- The way he drives says a lot about his character.
character noun (IN A STORY)
- The Incredible Hulk is a character in a comic who turns from a scientist into a two-metre tall monster.
- Michelle is the central female character in ITV's latest comedy series.
- In the movie she's depicted as a very cold and calculating character.
- The characters in the book are just stereotypes.
- Charles Schulz created the characters 'Snoopy' and 'Charlie Brown'.
character noun (PERSON)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
character noun (MARK)