charioteernoun [ C ]uk /ˌtʃær.i.əˈtɪər/ us /ˌtʃer.i.əˈtɪr/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Not long ago his own charioteer was slain in battle, and there is none equal unto the one slain that can act as my brother's charioteer.
- The Greeks even personified the sun as a divine charioteer driving his fiery steeds over the steep of heaven, until he bathed them at evening in the western waves.
- The charioteer, however, without taking any note of the force of those arrows, continued to go along the right.
- They drove as competing charioteers on the race-course.
- They usually carried two warriors, both standing, and the charioteer, or driver, was generally the companion or friend, and not the servant, of the fighters who stood behind him.