charter membernoun [ C ]/ˈtʃɑː.tə ˌmem.bər/ us /ˈtʃɑːr.t̬ɚ ˌmem.bɚ/ mainly US
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- An American business man, who was a charter member of the American organisation, was there to explain the purposes of the League.
- He was glad to see that all the original charter members forming the Red Fox patrol were on hand.
- In fact, she might be spoken of as the original charter member of the Concord School of Philosophy.
- The three boys whom we have met on the road chanced to be among the original charter members of the troop.
- Thus the value of the real estate securing the bonds will at once be enhanced virtually to the full extent of the investment made by the charter members.