chateaunoun [ C ]uk /ˈʃæt.əʊ/ us /ʃætˈoʊ/ plural chateaux
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Down below are the warm chocolate-red roofs of the little town that has shared with the chateau its good and evil fortunes.
- He paused when he reached the courtyard, for he heard voices in the chateau.
- Luxury properly belongs to the boudoir and the guest-chamber, to great houses and chateaux.
- Such was the answer at every castle, chateau, and farmhouse where they called.
- When we got within a few leagues of this great city, we found every mountain, hill, and dale, so covered with chateaux, country houses, farms, etc. that they appeared like towns, villages, and hamlets.