cheepnoun [ C ]uk /tʃiːp/ us /tʃiːp/
verb [ I ] uk us
Examples from literature
- A bird uttered its last 'cheep.' And right above the oak tree the first star shone.
- Cheep! cheep! said the young one, and tumbled out.
- How lovely it would be to be a bird—cheep, cheep!
- In answer to it, the Bird fluttered down, and entered one end of the pipe, giving, as he disappeared from sight, one faint cheep.
- In the slatted box, the mother hen clucked drowsily, and wise cheeps from beneath her wings answered bravely.