He's usually fairly cheerful.
- She's not her customary cheerful self today.
- She tends to adopt a falsely cheerful tone when she's upset about something.
- She presents such a cheerful front that you'd never guess she's ill.
- He's infallibly cheerful, despite his difficulties.
- Even at the end, when cancer racked his body, he was calm and cheerful.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- (as) pleased as Punch idiom
- be as high as a kite idiom
- be dancing in the streets idiom
- be floating on air idiom
- be full of the joys of spring idiom
- be in seventh heaven idiom
- jump for joy idiom
- look/feel like a million dollars idiom
- loved up
- made up
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /ˈtʃɪə.fəl.i/ us /ˈtʃɪr.fəl.i/
noun [ U ] uk /ˈtʃɪə.fəl.nəs/ us /ˈtʃɪr.fəl.nəs/