chemistrynoun [U]uk us /ˈkem.ɪ.stri/
chemistry noun [U] (SCIENCE)
- I failed my physics exam, but I passed chemistry.
- He studied chemistry in preference to physics at university.
- As students of chemistry know, even small rearrangements of a molecule's structure can produce a compound that acts differently.
- Marie Curie was the woman behind enormous changes in the science of chemistry.
- I was up all night studying, but it was worth it - I aced my chemistry final.
chemistry noun [U] (RELATIONSHIP)